The Pacific Insurance Conference Limited organises and conducts corporate conferences as a forum for senior executives of insurance and other financial services organisations, engaging in life, health, retirement savings and wealth management business in the Pacific Rim area to:
- Share in the free exchange of ideas and experiences concerning corporate management, marketing and customer service in a spirit of international brotherhood
- Strengthen the short and long term effectiveness of life, health, retirement savings and wealth management businesses, particularly in the Pacific Rim area
- Improve business and societal conditions.
The Pacific Insurance Conference is a not-for-profit organisation registered in Hong Kong. It can trace its origins back to an informal meeting at the old Imperial Hotel in Tokyo in the fall of 1958, when several insurance executives and academics met and discussed the desirability of establishing an international insurance organisation to conduct seminars to be participated in by Pacific Rim based insurance executives, educators, and regulatory authorities. The initial objectives were to exchange ideas and information and to address and solve common problems.
The first Pacific Insurance Conference was held in 1963 at the campus of the University of Hawaii. It was attended by some 47 life insurance company executives and university professors from six countries. Topics on the programme included strategic planning, human resources, product development, creation of demand and problem-solving skills. Since then, a conference has been held every two years, (except for the 20th PIC, scheduled for Banff in September 2001 and cancelled due to the terrorist attacks on the twin towers of the World Trade Centre in New York).
Today, as one of the world’s largest insurance conferences, PIC not only provides an opportunity for domestic and multinational insurers to exchange information, but also helps the senior insurance and other financial executives gain an insight into issues concerning future business and economic development in the 21st century.
The current directors and officers of the PIC are:
- Gary Comerford, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (Canada)
- Mel Gottlieb, Chairman Emeritus (Australia)
- Lennard Yong, Vice Chairman and Chief Operating Officer (Hong Kong)
- Philip Hilliard, Executive Secretary (Australia)
- Raymond Lo, Treasurer (Hong Kong)
- Peter Coyiuto (Philippines)
- Charles-Everard de “l” Serclaes (Hong Kong)
- Marianne Gilchrist (Hong Kong)
- Michael Magsig (USA)
- Guy Mills (Hong Kong)
- Amit Punchhi (India)
- Mark Saunders (Hong Kong)
- Michael Shin (South Korea)
- John Spence (Hong Kong)
- Candy Yuen (Hong Kong)
The PIC mission is to share in the free exchange of ideas and experiences concerning management, marketing and customer service in a spirit of international brotherhood.
What makes the PIC special is:
- (a) its laser focus on providing an unparalleled conference every 2 years
- (b) its broad Pacific Rim participation, active board and non-profit status
- (c) its consistent company and member participation from conference to conference
- (d) its close partnership with the Organising Committee for each conference
The International Insurance Society
IIS mission is one of international collaboration, bringing together key decision makers from the insurance industry, across sectors, to combine their knowledge of regulatory issues, finance, and governance. The IIS provides a forum for all stakeholders of the industry, with members representing insurance executives, regulatory authorities, and insurance scholars from over 90 countries. The IIS’s signature event, the annual Global Insurance Forum, is considered the premier industry conference and is attended by 500+ insurance leaders from around the globe. Be a part of the conversation #IISForum.
Reinsurance Group of America
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is a leader in the global life reinsurance industry with approximately $3 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $50.4 billion. We are one of the largest life reinsurance companies in the world, and the only global reinsurer to focus primarily on life and health-related reinsurance solutions.
Our core products and services include individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our world headquarters is located in St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A., and we have operations in 26 countries.